Do your dull teeth make you feel like frowning? Your Carver, MA, dentist, Dr. Phillip Bleak of Carver Smiles, can help you brighten your smile with teeth whitening.
Should you whiten your teeth?
Teeth whitening, one of the services offered by your Carver dental office, can be a good option if:
- You're unhappy with your appearance: You're right if you think people are paying attention to your smile. In fact, 48 percent of people surveyed by the American Academy of Cosmetic dentistry said that a smile was the feature they most remembered after meeting someone for the first time. Professional teeth whitening offers excellent results and can brighten your smile by three to eight shades.
- You have big plans: Whitening is an excellent way to upgrade your appearance if you're looking for a new job, attending a prom or special event, getting married, or going on vacation. No matter what your plans, whitening your smile can improve your appearance and your self-confidence.
- You want a simple way to improve your appearance: Teeth whitening is quick, effective, and inexpensive. After whitening, your smile will remain brighter for two to three years or longer.
- Your gums and teeth are healthy: You must be in good oral health before whitening your smile. If you have gum disease, cavities, damaged teeth, or oral issues, you'll need to receive dental treatment before you can whiten your teeth.
What whitening options are available
If you want a brighter smile, you're probably considering:
- Do-It-Yourself Treatment: Over-the-counter whiteners can whiten teeth, although the results might not be quite as dramatic as you expected. In some cases, drugstore products can damage your tooth enamel, permanently exposing the yellow dentin layer of your teeth.
- Professional Whitening: Your dentist removes stains by applying a whitening gel to your teeth. The gel contains hydrogen peroxide, a natural whitening agent that removes stain-causing pigments deep inside the tooth enamel. Whitening only takes about an hour in the dental office and offers impressive results. If you prefer, you can also whiten at home with a take-home kit provided by your dentist.
Boost your smile with teeth whitening! Call your dentist in Carver, MA, Dr. Phillip Bleak of Carver Smiles, at (508) 866-5550 to schedule your appointment.